You see, kintsugi is a Japanese art where cracks in pottery are filled in with resin mixed with precious metals: platinum, silver, or gold.
|Untouched Photo by Pyoorkate under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0|
That said, I want to be as transparent as possible in what I believe. So for those wondering, I go to a local Baptist church and below is a small list of the things I believe.
Statement of Faith
- I believe that the God of the bible is the only God that exists.
- I believe in the existence of the Trinity; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- I believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, lived the only sinless life, was crucified in payment for our sins, and rose again on the third day.
- I believe that salvation through Jesus is the only way to God and Heaven and all other paths will lead to eternal punishment in Hell.
- I believe that the Bible, revealed in the 66 books of the Old and New Testament, is God-breathed and has been preserved by God, therefore is perfect and infallible in its original manuscripts, and is sufficient for all doctrine, teaching, correction, and instruction in the way God would have us walk, that we might be equipped to serve God.
- I believe that all sins, in action or in thought, are equal in that they carry the earned punishment of death and that without salvation through belief in and acceptance of Jesus Christ and his payment for our sins, they will send anyone to Hell.
- I believe that all mankind are utterly incapable of saving themselves or earning their way into Heaven by ‘being good’, and that redemption comes only through God's gift of grace.
- I believe that faith without works is dead and vice versa. That it must start with faith and works will be the natural result of that faith.
- I believe that God makes no accidents and that all people are created with a God-made purpose.
- I believe that God intended marriage to be between one man and one woman, joined for life.
- I believe we are to love the sinner and hate the sin.
- I believe I could go on for days... =P